Friday, July 8, 2016

Summation - Bezalel Animation Studies, BFA

This would be the last post on this blog. One year After Graduation of Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design. This blog is a chronological archive of exercises I made during my studies. I hope it will be of interest to people who are considering studying at Bezalel.

I think it is important to mention some details about my personal experience: I started Bezalel at the age of 33, after having had a lot of experience as a 3D generalist for TV commercials. I came to The academy looking for a place to re-find my forgotten creativity. The academy was just the place for me as the teachers gave much freedom in the exercises. In addition the art history and philosophy courses were very inspiring and helped making me into a  more informed artist.

When I enrolled to the academy I thought I was going to major in 2D animation. At the time I had been very interested in the craft of animation. But Bezalel is not an industry oriented school and I gradually shifted my interest into more conceptual realms. I should mention that Some other students, who insisted on  making films in Disney/ Pixar style, were frustrated from not having enough of training in those directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment